More on binge eating…
Yesterday I commented on binge-eating, and how to begin learning to prevent binge episodes. Here are some additional tips for learning to control binge-eating and ways to stop yourself during a binge.
After a binge: Rather than feeling guilty after a binge – because it is done, you cannot change it now – spend some time thinking about what just happened…
- Think about what led up to the binge:
- What happened today?
- What were your thoughts prior and during the binge?
- Was it mindless?
- What were your feelings?
- What was the outcome of the binge?
- Thoughts/feelings after?
- Did your emotions increase or decrease?
- Did this help you reach your long-term goals?
- Do you have regrets? The guilt and shame associated with a binge-eating episode only serve to further push you into a negative coping cycle, increasing the likelihood of bingeing again.
REMEMBER:purging (throwing up) after a binge is NEVER the…
View original post 286 more words