Rather than make weekends a time to let go of all goals and have a break from your healthy ambitions, make the weekend the no-excuse time to get in a workout and plan for wellness! You likely have somewhat more downtime on the weekend, less work (hopefully), and it should be easier to plan for a workout and healthy meals.
Weekends are the perfect time to…
- Pre-plan for the week ahead.
- Address your stress level as you have a bit more down time.
- Ponder the previous week and think about what you want to do differently next week.
- Consider your stress and what you didn’t like about the week, and make a priority list for the upcoming week.
- Consider your goals and whether you are on track.
- Pay attention to your moods a bit more, during the weekend and think back over the week – think about what may change that mood and consider a change next week.
- Find some down time and do something for yourself that makes you happy, no matter how small!
- Grocery shop and plan for easy meals for the week – consider grab and go ideas or cook in bulk on the weekend and portion out for the week.
- Consider a longer exercise, or consider Saturday and Sunday to be the for sure days you exercise in a week – even if you find no time for exercise during the week! Two days is so much better than no days to exercise!
Here is an article by SkinnyMs. with more tips for staying on track on the weekends…
Be grateful for the extra time, find time to enjoy this life, and work to improve your moods all the time by using your extra weekend time to consider what may make you happier/more grateful in general!