Here are some of my go-to meals…
- Omelet with 2 eggs + 3 whites, various veggies (broccoli, onion, garlic, etc. anything available) + 1 oz. shredded cheddar cheese + with or without adding a meat – I like venison, summer sausage, or chicken (OR I would take and just scramble all this, with or without the cheese)
- Plus: ¼ – ½ c. oats cooked with Splenda brown sugar, or whole wheat toast with some butter or butter spray
- Perhaps more convenient: Smoothie…
- Protein powder (I love Naturade Vanilla Soy Protein Powder – also buy at bulk store) + fruit + milk and/or yogurt (or just with water)
- I may add peanut butter or dry oats, sometimes add ground flax
- Blend all this in the blender (or my Bullet)
- Or for absolute convenience: Clif bars (I buy in bulk and keep in my car for emergencies when I can’t get breakfast made)
- Remember: the higher the convenience, the higher the cost. BUT, planning ahead and buying in bulk versus vending or per bar at a convenience store will save you money.
Lunch/Dinner/Supper (whatever you call it!):
- Tuna melt (with bread, or without bread baked as a casserole).
- 1 can tuna, mixed with salt and pepper, light miracle whip, mustard, pickles, and onions.
- Place between bread, top with cheddar or American cheese, and cover with tinfoil and bake 400 for 30 minutes. OR combine in casserole dish, top with 1 oz cheddar cheese or American, and bake.
- Baked potato topped with cooked chicken seasoned with salt and pepper or favorite seasoning, broccoli, and 1 oz. cheddar cheese
- Ground venison or ground beef: cooked with onion powder, garlic powder, and soy sauce and salt and pepper. With little olive oil, sauté cut carrots, peppers, and onions – add seasoning as desired. Mix veggie mixture with meat. Add in containers with ½ c. brown rice
- Fruit + 8-10 pecans or almonds or walnuts (buy the nuts in bulk and they last a long time!)
- Fruit + Greek yogurt
- I buy plain Greek yogurt (again at bulk store), and frozen berries (unsweetened). I put one cup berries with one-half or one cup yogurt in containers on Sunday. The berries flavor the yogurt during the week. Less money and less calories!
- Or, just buy flavored yogurt containers for more ease… keep it Greek for more protein!
- Fruit + string cheese
- 2 hard boiled eggs (I boil several at beginning of week and peel two each morning, put in container with salt and pepper).
- Deli meat serving plus cheese, or crackers, or veggies.
- Mix any of these options up, or other low cost, clean options, for variety!